Welcome to the Blue Knights XVIII (Devon Chapter) web page.
Our chapter was Chartered in 2015 when it was decided that the area we covered was too vast, so we went from one chapter, to three, covering Cornwall (BKXVII) Avon & Somerset (BKXIV) and us here in Devon (BKXVIII)
The Blue Knights ® are a non profit fraternal organisation comprising of current and retired Law Enforcement Officers from every aspect of Law & Order, who share a passion for Motorcycle Riding.
The Blue Knights ® came about as an Organisation in the spring of 1974, when a few friends from Bangor, Maine, USA decided to form a motorcycle Club.
The reason for this was to counter the adverse publicity and public perception of Motorcyclists following on from the lawless activities of other motorcycle groups.
From its humble beginnings, the club has grown to 650 Chapters, 20,490 members in 11 conferences within 29 country's
We are truly a family...with a saying" There are no strangers, only Friends you haven't met yet"
Blue Knight by-Laws, our purposes and goals are to:
1. Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
2. To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
3. To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
4. To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles....
5. To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.
If you fancy coming out and seeing what were about, use the contact us page, jump on your bike, and join us for a ride out, you wont be sorry